Friday, January 24, 2014

Everything comes to an end...

This was my farewell email to my colleagues. Who says I'm not sentimental?
_____________________________

I was going to write this heartfelt message that talked about how much I learned at McK and how I will always treasure these past years as some of the most spectacular in my life...

... but I read an article on Buzzfeed on how no one wants to hear that stuff.

Instead, I'll say this.

The past 2.5 years were some of the hardest in my career. I was physically sick much of the time and fell asleep curled up in a ball at so many airport gates to the point where the ding of the boarding signal is like a dog whistle to me now. I ordered way too much for dinner, and learned how to scarf down an entire sandwich in 5 minutes at my desk. I also became so severely addicted to coffee that I almost had to go to rehab, except my team kept insisting coffee was a good kind of bad habit. I spent way too much time talking to my SPG ambassador, and used the phrase "but I'm not just Platinum... I'm ultra Platinum" way too many times. And I was given nicknames that included "Slide Ninja" and "The Tiger" in reference to my abilities to shame new BAs who I insisted should be better at using PowerPoint given how it's dinosaur technology compared to the apps they should've coded themselves in college.

But despite all that pain, agony, and palm-to-face nights waiting at Kinko's for our workshop booklets to print, I can admit without a doubt that I love the Firm. And I'm thankful to have been given the opportunity to learn from the smartest people I have ever worked with in my life.

If I'm lucky, I will have the pleasure of working with you again in the future...

Special thanks to N. K. and P. R. for giving me honest advice and for helping me become a better person.

Till next time,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment